Advent Podcast Series with Kat Healy: Ep. 4
A comforting final reflection from Kat Healy for our Advent podcast series. This week Kat reflects on 'solace' and 'love', and how we might use the quieter festivities this year, to generate kindness and compassion.
This week's winter-inspired poem is 'Forecasts' by Jean Kenward', a poem about searching for signs of hope. Kat also shares verses 1,2, 3 and 4 of 'Light the Advent Candle (Advent Song)' by Mary Lu Walker.
"This year, it might not be the Christmas we want, and there is sure to be a sense of ‘loss’, but, for better or worse, it will be one that we all remember, and I urge you to seek solace and to fill your holiday with kindness, compassion and love." (Kat Healy, 2020)
- 1:00 - Intro
- 0:58 - Week 4 Advent theme 'love'
- 1:30 - 2:52 Finding 'solace' as defined by the poet David Whyte
- 2:52 - 3:10 - Advent reflection / mindful moment of reflection
- 3:14 - Winter poem, 'Forecasts' by Jean Kenward
- 4:20 - Final thoughts and thank you, happy Christmas!
- 4:45 - 'Light the Advent Candle' (Advent Song - Mary Lu Walker) Verses 1,2,3 & 4
Thanks to Thilo Pfander for producing the podcast and providing the music, and to Garry Boyle at Slate Room for recording/mix/master of 'Light the Advent Candle'.
Enjoy the video, 'Still, Still, Still' from the new EP, 'Advent' by Kat Healy.