12th November - Autumn Printmaking Workshop & Print Club Social - Linocut & Gel Plate Printing (10:00 )
A fun, accessible print workshop for everyone (see below for details).
PLUS, a Print Club Social for those who have attended a previous workshop and would like to come along and create some prints in a social setting. You will be able to experiment with the Gel Plate press and use additional materials such as inks, open acrylics and print paper -- just in time for Christmas cards and gifts!
Learn the basic, essential skills needed for linocut printing (relief printing). Booking includes a take-home 'Essential Linocut Printmaking Kit' so you can continue with your practice.
This workshop will be 2.5 hrs long and will include a thorough demonstration of how to plan, prep, cut and print using lino blocks, water-based inks and traditional printing paper.
Once you are set up, Kat will be on hand to support each individual project. You can go at your own speed and enjoy the process.
Block printing is a great way to enjoy a traditional hands-on creative experience. Learn to simplify an image and composition. Create punchy, impressive prints that can be mounted and displayed at home.
The workshop includes a take-home essentials lino print kit:
- 100ml Premium Quality Block Printing Ink (Black, Waterbased)
- 65ml Ink Roller
- Lino Handle and 3 Lino Cutters (including Safety Cutter)
- 2 x 105x150mm SoftCut Carving Blocks
- Baren (Formed by combining Lino Handle, Baren Base and Cap)
- Instructions & Practice Piece
Additional materials provided at w/shop:
- Ink trays for rolling
- Water-based inks
- Drawings and inspiration sheets to copy/trace
- Additional softcut lino blocks
- Printing and traditional rice paper
Linocut prints make great personal gifts or cards for friends and family. You'll be able to brighten someone's day with a homemade card and/or handwritten, printed note.
* Concession tickets for 14+yrs, 60+yrs, people with disabilities and people on benefits.
* Children MUST be accompanied by an adult