Atmospheric Animals - Watercolour Workshops - 2024
Atmospheric Animals are back! After a successful run of watercolour animals and birds in 2023, we are delighted to be running another series of six sessions throughout 2024.
Feel free to book a single session, multiples sessions, or the whole series for a discount.
1 session = £75
2 sessions = 10% discount
3 or more sessions = 20% discount
The animals lined up for this series are:
- 10th February - POLAR BEAR
- 13th April - HARE
- 8th June - PARROT(S)
- 14th September - KOI
- 12th October - TAWNY OWL
- 9th November - SNOW LEOPARD
These workshops are suitable for ALL LEVELS.
While some watercolour experience may be beneficial, it is NOT essential. We will work through the process together with clear step-by-step instructions. Everyone is welcome, and will be fully supported by Kat Healy. A special 'How To' PDF of each woodland creature will also be available.
All materials, including special artist-grade granulating and super-granulating Schminke and Daniel Smith paints, will be provided. Each person will have the option to take home a reusable watercolour palette, a size 12 paintbrush and some watercolour paper (this ensures any paint from the sessions is not wasted).
These sessions will inspire and challenge you to create something magical for your home.
- We'll focus on the subject, particularly the animal or bird's facial features, and create watercolour sketch studies to get a feel for proportion and character.
- We'll also look at colour and texture ideas to bring the creature to life.
Short lunch break (tea/coffee and scones available. Pls bring a packed lunch or enjoy a short walk to Emporium Vintage Tea Room, two minutes away).
- Using the sketch studies and 1:1 support from Kat, you'll create a spectacularly expressive and atmospheric 1/4 imperial size watercolour painting (or watercolour and mixed media if you prefer) of the animal/bird.
- We'll create colourful textured pieces with special granulating and super granulating pigments by Schmincke and Daniel Smith. Think split chameleon colours and pearlescent tones - very exciting and satisfying to work with.
If you have any questions about these sessions, please email Kat at fidracollection (@) gmail (dot) com